Do you love coffee?
Do you know how to roast it?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about specialty coffee, has a strong sense for flavors, and experience in roasting beans. As an Assistant Roaster at Café del Volcán, you will be helping to produce some of the best coffee in China. You will support our Managing Roaster with day-to-day operations at our new roastery in Minhang. You will also assist in green bean sourcing, roast profile development, and flavor optimization based on team tastings and customer feedback.
You will assist our Managing Roaster in the following areas:
- Roast coffee orders for Café del Volcán and our customers
- Manage daily operations at our roastery in Minhang
- Manage tracking, packing, and delivery of wholesale orders
- Manage green bean stocks at our roastery and warehouse
- Develop roast profiles and optimize flavors based on tastings and customer feedback
- Find outstanding green beans from local and international suppliers
- Help with green bean imports from our family's coffee plantation Guatemala
- Passion for specialty coffee and strong interest in the coffee industry
- Experience in coffee roasting
- Ability to manage several different tasks at the same time
- Excellent work discipline, reliability, and honesty
- Understanding of different coffee brewing methods
- Barista skills are preferred
- Ability to taste and recognize different types of roasted beans
- Knowledge about coffee production and flavors of roasted coffees
- Good English skills
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary based on experience and skills.
Interested? Please send your CV to email@example.com
and tell us why you are the right person for this position!